This article explains how to add, edit and delete images in the rich text editor. The rich text editor can be found in multiple places in the platform:
- In the rich text activity when building a course
- On the quiz page when you're building a quiz
- On the assignment page when you're creating an assignment
- On the receipt sign off page that is accessible when the Commerce feature is enabled
You can identify the rich text editor by the toolbar displayed at the top. All rich text editors offer the same fuctionalities.
In the toolbar, click on the image icon.
Click Choose File and select an image file. A blue progress bar displays at the top as the file is being processed.
You will see the image inserted into the Body box once the upload is complete.
- To move the image to a different area in the rich text editor, click on the image, and without letting go of your mouse, drag it to the desired area.
- To align your image, click on the image and select the Alignment icon in the toolbar. Select whether you want the image aligned to the left, to the right, or in the center.
- To position your image so your text wraps around it, click on the image and select Edit. Select an option under Position and click Save.
- We do not recommend resizing images in the rich text editor as it affects the responsiveness of the images on mobile devices. However, if you would still like to resize your image, you can do so by selecting the image and dragging the corners to resize.
- To link the image, select the image and click Edit. Paste the URL into the Link box and click Save.
- To delete the image, select the image and press Delete on your keyboard.