This article explains how to preview your school in the V2 Learning Experience, and how to upgrade. Benefits of upgrading to the new Learning Experience are as follows:
- Access the ability to require linear course navigation
- Offer learners a more seamless flow when taking quizzes with a single, clear CTA
- Make Milestone criteria display in the activity it is tied to, instead of displaying on a separate screen
- Gate learners' ability to progress to the next activity until they have met the criteria for the Milestone set up for an activity
- Customize the end of course modal, with the option of creating CTAs that lead to a custom URL or the next course in a learning path
You may upgrade your Learning Experience at any time before March 31st, 2017. Once you upgrade to the new Learning Experience, you will not be able to return to the old Learning Experience.
On March 31st, 2017, your Learning Experience will be automatically upgraded to V2 if you have not already. We highly recommend planning accordingly to perform the upgrade. Here are some factors you may want to consider:
- Custom CSS in your CSS Editor that may appear differently in the new Learning Experience and may need to be updated (learn about how to manage the migration of your customizations)
- Any content in your courses that references the existing Learning Experience. E.g., Instructions for your learners on how to navigate through the Learning Experience
Previewing the new Learning Experience
Learn how to preview the V2 Learning Experience prior to doing the upgrade.
Click View School.
Choose v2 from the version dropdown at the top left.
Choose your path - View the courses you manage, or the courses that you’re a learner in. Click Get Started.
If you choose v2, this enables you to preview the learning experience of any course in v2. However, your learners will continue to see v1.
Note for advanced users: If you’re ever in the learning experience viewing v1, and want to see what it looks like in v2, you can simply add ?v=2 to the end of the URL.
Upgrading to the V2 Learning Experience
Learn how to upgrade to the new Learning Experience. Once you upgrade to the new Learning Experience, you will not be able to return to the old Learning Experience.
Go to the Design tab and click Learning Experience Styling.
You will see a section for Learning Experience Version. It outlines the benefits of the new version and provides a button to upgrade. Click Upgrade to v2.
You’ll now see a message letting you know that you’re on the latest version. Note that once you upgrade, you won’t be able to downgrade.